Fort HealthCare Announces 2010 LAP-BAND® Informational Session DatesMonday, January 4, 2010
In an ongoing effort to combat obesity and improve the quality of life for the members of our communities, Fort HealthCare announces the 2010 schedule for informational sessions on the bariatric LAP-BAND® procedure. Sessions will be held at Fort Memorial Hospital, in Classrooms B and C, from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. Dates are as follows:
Though sessions take place throughout the year, why wait? Now is an ideal time to start getting your life back. Individuals suffering from severe or morbid obesity can make lifestyle changes, in conjunction with the LAP-BAND® procedure, that will promote weight loss and healthy living. Make it part of your New Year’s resolution to learn more about weight loss procedures and how Fort HealthCare can help you.
During the informational sessions you will learn about the procedure itself, changes you will make to be successful, follow-up requirements and financing options. Dr. Marc Erickson will be the featured presenter and, as Fort HealthCare’s bariatric surgeon, he can answer any questions you have. You are welcome to bring a support partner and understand that all attendees are expected to maintain confidentiality regarding the session.
Candidates for the LAP-BAND® procedure are those who are:
• 18 years of age, or older.
• Unsuccessful with more conservative forms of weight loss, such as diet and exercise.
• At least 100 pounds over their ideal weight.
• Motivated to make a lifelong commitment to well-balanced eating and physical activity.
• Able to perform some sort of physical exercise.
• Severely obese and have been obese for five years. (Severe obesity is defined as a body mass index greater than 35.)
• Not previous recipients of acid reflux or weight-loss surgeries.
Register for the FREE session by calling Patrice Stair, RN and bariatric coordinator at (920) 568-5242 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also register online at www.FortHealthCare.com or by calling Fort HealthCare’s Health Promotion Department at (920) 568-5244.